Thursday, February 09, 2006

Okay, I am back to normal posting: Rome at Dusk


I have painted this before, but I had to do it again. Listening to some great hymns tonight, I was overcome with a sense of reverence, longing, and a joy I can only describe as similar to the feeling of - clean spring air rushing over my face as I sprint through a warm twilight, as stars alight and my heart breaks free on the wind. I love the Spring, and yesterday I could smell it in the evening. The sky in the original image was the perfect color of twilight and filled me with remembrance of traveling with a good friend. This is a large painting by the "painting per day" standards. I guess it is 14 by 18 inches - painted quickly (and I ran out of white paint!), painted with a joyful heart.

If you are still reading please follow along a bit more:

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

- John 14:27

"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love... These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete...
This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. ..This I command you, that you love one another."
- John 15: ?:?

In the world you have trouble, but be brave; I have overcome the world.
- John 16:33


"My peace I give to you," peace the world cannot give. "In the world you will have trouble, but be brave; I have overcome the world." "That your joy may be complete." How incredible is that!

How many can say they have touched peace?

Live well,
may the Fruit of the Spirit follow.

Daniel

No comments: