Sunday, March 05, 2006

Well, how long has it been?

I am back again. I took a few weeks off from posting - but I have been painting! Have I painted every day? Well, no I have not.

Here is the short of it: It all ended the day one of my dearest friends from high school called and said he was in Larkspur for the night visiting family ( he lives in Portland). I knew that it had been too long since I had seen him - so I made the trip. It was a good time with good talk. BUT I did miss painting that day and it was hard to just jump back in knowing the string was broken. I did make it over seven weeks. 50 paintings! It has been a strange few weeks, full of talk and thought, full of reading and reflection. It has been a time of strong ideas and real learning. It also has been the start of women's soccer - so my coaching schedule is very busy again!

All of these excuses aside, I have still been painting (about 4 to 5 paintings a week). I will post the retrospective of the last few weeks soon. Until then, enjoy the nearness of Spring.

Daniel

p.s. This life is amazing.

No comments: